Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Interview

Rebecca Fore, 21

Zimmerman, MN

1. So I see you enjoy hockey, why is that?

I grew up watching sports and hockey was one that I enjoyed watching the

most. To me, it’s the one sport that leaves you on constant edge and with

one mistake can change the entire game, plus its always fun to see a nice

hockey fight.

2. What to you sets hockey apart from other sports?

I would say what sets hockey apart from any other sport is the fact that

we’re in Minnesota. Look at the fan base here in Minnesota, we’re known

as the team of 18,000 because of the continuous sell-out seats at every

home game. If you’ve ever had an opportunity to attend a Wild game you

would understand the enthusiasm and passion the fans here in Minnesota have

for the game, myself being one of them.

3. What got you interested in hockey in the first place?

My family are the first to really first introduce me to hockey. I loved

going to games, and watching them on t.v. with my family. Its just

something we all enjoy together.

4. Tell me about your own involvement with hockey.

I personally have never played hockey, but enjoyed going to high school

games at the Elk River arena and going to the Wild games when Minnesota was

fortunate enough to bring a pro team back in 2000-2001 season.

5. Why exactly is the Minnesota Wild your favorite hockey team?

The Minnesota Wild is my favorite hockey team because I was born and raised

in Minnesota and I’ll always support the teams from my home state.

6. Who is your favorite player on the team? Why?

I have a few different favorite players for different reasons. Derek

Boogaard because he is one of our best enforcers on our team, and adds a

lot of energy as well. I also like Brent Burns who is a defensemen for the

Wild, and Mikko Koivu who was named out first permanent captain ever for

the wild this season.

7. I understand you want to become a sports broadcaster, what led you to

this decision?

I love watching sports and also love talking about them, I figured this

would be a great career for me. I’m also interested in Public Relations

so with being a people person I would love to promote sports, getting paid

for it would definitely be a huge bonus.

8. Why would you want to work for the Minnesota Wild?

Three words- Best Job Ever. I would be able to attend the hockey games, or

even be getting paid to watch them. On top of it I would get to promote my

favorite sport and be able to reach out more to youth hockey.

9. What do you hope to gain by working for them? What are your

expectations?

I would love to gain first and foremost more knowledge of the game and

history. There is so much history out there I have yet to know and with

working in the industry I would be constantly gaining information.

10. How big of a Minnesota Wild fan are you? How do you show your support?

I’m a HUGE Wild fan. I’ve been to countless number of games, and will

actually be attending one within the next couple weeks. I also love showing

support for the Wild with my Jerseys and other Wild apparel.

11. What is your number one favorite thing about watching a hockey game?

I love a good close game. One that will leave you on the edge of your seat

in an overtime shootout to have your team win on the last shot. Playoffs

are even better.

12. Do you enjoy a good hockey brawl, or do you wish they'd just play the

game?

I absolutely love them. They make the game even that much more better.

13. Tell me about a typical night watching hockey. Do you have your friends

over, any special traditions or foods, do you actually go to the games or

just watch on TV, ect? Try to be as specific/detailed as possible.

The best is going to a live game. Being 10 ft. from the glass and hearing

the horn sound when the Wild score a goal. The crowd always goes nuts and

its so loud you couldn’t hear the person next to you even if you wanted

to. Its so crazy how you can feed off the other people in the crowds

enthusiasm. In my opinion its one of the most exciting sporting events one

could attend. I once even bought a set of tickets to a Wild game vs. the

Sabres thinking it was a home game during pre-season but in fact it was in

North Dakota. The drive wasn’t the best, but we still won the game and

made it well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment